The primary purpose of this site is to answer any questions you may have on the topic of gardening in raised beds.
We aim to cover everything under the sun regarding raised bed gardening:
- the pros and cons of raised bed gardening
- things to consider when building your own raised bed
- the best raised bed products and kits in the marketplace
- what type of soil mixture to fill your raised bed with
- maintaining your raised bed soil
- how to arrange various crops inside your raised bed
- and much, much more.
We also want to provide basic, all-purpose gardening information (not specific to raised bed gardening) in a very concise and helpful way.
Over time, we hope to provide how-to videos and also a downloadable podcast to supplement the blog articles on this site.
The secondary purpose of this site is to create a community of raised bed gardeners and to harness its collective wisdom, so please comment! We don’t consider ourselves the experts on this subject and would love to learn from you.
Finally, we hope to inspire you to build your own raised bed or two (or ten) and start gardening organically in a way that maximizes your space and productivity and saves your back – in a raised bed!
(Note: many of the photos used on this blog are from the Houzz website (with permission) and you can go there by clicking on the photos)